my 2013 trend predictions
Everyone has their own ideas and predictions of what trends will be for the new year, so I decided to give you my own personal predictions too. Not that everyone or anyone can predict the future, but if we can... 1. Eclectic Style - this is not really a trend as it's always a nice look, but I think it will start to take on mainstream. Mixing eras of furniture and fabrics is key.
2. Personalized Style - not doing what everyone else is doing and really just injecting all the things you love.
3. Ribbon Edged Draperies - contrasting or not, this is a classic look that will hit the ground running.
4. Antique Brass Everything - this is hot from faucets to kitchen hardware and small furnishings.
5. Painted Furniture - I've always liked painted furniture. Anything but white is all the rage this year. Go looking for solid furniture with good bones and paint away. Here are some great colours to try:
6. Mixing Grey and Beige - not sure whether to go grey or beige? Mix them for this year's latest neutral scheme.
7. Cushions on Sofas - using a different fabric for the seat cushions, but in the same colour tone, adds texture and interest to any sofa.
8. Textures - using lots of textures in wood, fabrics and even art.
9. Black and White - I still think high contrast is a key look for 2013.
10. Herringbone Anything! - for a backsplash, floors, or fabrics, this is a classic trend for this year!
Of course you can do like the cat and not really care and just do your own thing too. That, actually, is always my favourite way to decorate anyway!!